The 4-Day Pre-K program is for children who will turn four between January and November. The class meets Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. with two long days on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday until 3:00 p.m. These long days allow our teachers to work with half the class to ensure greater individualized attention. There is a 1:8 teacher/student ratio in this class.
The 5-Day Pre-Kindergarten program is for children who will turn four between January and May or turn five between September and December. The class meets Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. with two long days until 3:00 p.m. on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. These long days allow our teachers to work with half the class to ensure greater individualized attention. There is a 1:7 teacher/student ratio in this class.
- 9:00 – 9:30 Drop off and outside play
- 9:30 – 9:45 Morning Meeting
- 9:45 – 11:15 Center time and snack
- 11:15 – 11:30 Clean up time
- 11:30 – 11:45 Small group time
- 11:45 – 12:00 Outside play and dismissal for children who have a half day
- 12:20 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:30 Quiet time activities
- 1:30 – 1:40 Afternoon meeting
- 1:40 – 2:20 Discovery Time
- 2:20 – 2:40 Wrap up meeting
- 2:40 – 3:00 Outside play and dismissal
Lunch Bunch offers an opportunity to extend your child’s day Monday through Thursday from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. (There is also an option to pick up your child at 1:30 p.m.) Each day has a different theme, such as Great Big Game Day, Build It Up!, Young Scientists and Messy Art Day.
Extend My Week (for 4-Day Pre-K)
Extend your child’s week to include Fridays from 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. A specific topic is emphasized on this day.
“New Canaan Community Preschool is a truly special place. From the warm morning drop offs to the thorough student portfolios, the teachers create a fulfilling pre-K experience. Both of our children have attended NCCP and we couldn’t be happier with our decision.” NCCP Parent